New York, November 10, 2009 – Global corporate treasurers can do more with less using the expanded functionality of two new product upgrades from Reval, the global leader in derivative risk management and hedge accounting solutions. The new versions, Reval® 9.1 and FIRST F9 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms, support derivative use for hedging against business risk while providing new tools and features that increase operational efficiencies and enable compliance with evolving regulatory requirements.
“Treasury professionals are facing extraordinary times with little resources,” says Reval Chief Operating Officer Philip Pettinato. “Our job is to provide them with the kind of functionality that can help them work smarter, not harder.”
Reval 9.1’s broad instrument coverage now includes new structured interest rate products, such as Range Accrual Notes and Swaps and Principal Protected Notes and Swaps, regression effectiveness testing for all structured products and expanded instrument coverage through accounting and valuation support for embedded foreign exchange derivatives. In addition, Reval 9.1 further enhances Reval’s Credit Valuation Adjustment Module, automating calculations of netted credit-adjusted fair values, now viewed as best practice under FAS 133 and soon to be required under IFRS, which from Jan. 1 2010 will include Canada.
Other features include:
- Multiple fiscal calendars to support local and global views of accounting period dates for more informed reporting across global organizations.
- Improved back-office processing with the ability to settle commodity exposures and derivatives in non-denomination currencies.
STP & SOX:
- Configurable sub-ledger export for easier exporting to general ledger systems
- Hedge accounting bulk documentation printing and enhanced quick link tools to improve operational processing
- Workflow for user index settings and manual price marks for better SOX controls.
FIRST F9 now interfaces with 360T’s multidealer trading network, helping corporate treasurers achieve straight-through processing, a key requirement for realizing operational efficiencies and minimizing operational risk. In addition, FIRST F9 enables corporate treasuries to manage growing currency and commodity exposure volumes with leaner budgets by streamlining hedging workflow and providing additional hedge accounting compliance tools. With FIRST F9, users can:
- Trade strips of non-deliverable currency forwards for growing emerging market exposure
- Quickly add commodity exposures as new locations, parts, and other cost spreads are identified
- Stress-test potential hedges for date slippage and forecast error to minimize future ineffectiveness
- Control accounting risk and shorten month-end closing with hedge exception reporting and pre-close effectiveness assessments
- Strengthen audit trails by storing documentation on accounting policies online
Reval 9.1 and FIRST F9 upgrades are scheduled improvements to existing SaaS platforms. For more detailed information about Reval products and services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.reval.com or email email@example.com.
Note to editors: Trademarks and registered trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.